Original photographs are never perfect. Even if you choose your locations and select shots carefully, there could be flaws. These imperfections need to be corrected. Digital photo enhancement services providers can be of great help to you in this regard. When it comes to your old photos that are damaged or become dull with age, parts torn off or missing, or have spots or blotches caused by mold or bacteria, then they will be restored prior to enhancing them. Digital photo enhancement service is the best way to restore and recover old photos or images and it involves the following:
- Colour and Contrast Correction: Adjustment of density, brightness, contrast, colour balance and saturation, and incorporating lighting effects, among others.
- Changing Backgrounds: Distracting elements are removed from the background or replaced with the appropriate background to divert focus to the key elements of a photograph.
- Image Cropping: Extraction of unwanted elements in the image such as logo and signature, among others.
- Glamorization: Enhancement of eyes, figure, and other features to make the image stunning. It also includes fixing skin, hair, clothes, and removing small blemishes, sunburn, acne, spots, wrinkles, dark circles, and adding smooth edges.
- Adding Filters: Addition of filters helps to correct hue, improve colour, and enhance saturation.
- Density Correction: It involves making use of special software and proprietary techniques.
In addition, red-eye removal, airbrushing, and lens and perspective correction for part of digital photo enhancement services.
Benefits of Digital Photo Enhancement
Photographs, a collection of the memories of the past, are an integral part of your life as they depict the great times you have had with your family members and friends. You want these memories to last forever. The good news is that this is now possible with the advent of digital photo restoration services. The benefits of restoration include the following:
Preservation of Your Original Photographs
The primary benefit of preservation is that deteriorating photographs can be brought back to their original condition by employing digital photo enhancement techniques.
Eliminates Folds, Tears, Scratches, and Fading
It may be possible for you to scan your old photos and restore some of the shortcomings by using free programs. However, it is important that you work with a digital photo enhancement services provider to achieve best results.
Add Sepia/Full Colour to Your Black and White Photos
When restoring old photographs, adding natural sepia, especially to your old black and white photographs, enable restored images to match with each other. Black and white photos can even be converted into colour photographs.
Digital Storage/Ease of Sharing
Converting old photographs into the digital format makes storage and sharing much easier.
For historians and those that want to create a family tree, it is important that they work with professional digital photo enhancement service providers to ensure best results.
At DigitiseIT, we offer digital photo enhancement services using specialized software and lens plug-ins. The digital photographs are corrected by employing techniques to enhance and sharpen colour, correct lens distortion, and straighten edges, among others.