Computer-aided design (CAD) drafting services have become increasingly important in the modern business world, where precise and accurate design drawings are critical for project implementation. Many businesses face the question of whether to hire onsite drafters or outsource to offshore resources. There are pros and cons to each approach, and businesses must evaluate which one works best for their needs.
- Face-to-face communication: One of the key advantages of onsite hiring is that it allows for face-to-face interactions between designers and drafters. This can help ensure everyone is on the same page. Personalized communication with an onsite drafter is also valuable since the drafter is present on the premises, and team members can discuss any issues or concerns with them directly.
- Control and supervision over drafting process: Another advantage of onsite hiring is that it allows for a level of control and supervision over the drafting process. Businesses can monitor the work progress and make necessary design changes or corrections quickly. This level of control ensures that the quality of the work is maintained to the highest possible standards.
- High costs: The costs associated with hiring a full-time drafter on-site are significantly higher than outsourcing to offshore resources. This cost includes Hardware, software, hiring, training, salaries, benefits, and office space, among others.
- Challenges in finding qualified and experienced drafters: Finding qualified and experienced drafters can also be challenging and time-consuming, which may slow down the hiring process.
- Work load variations: Every business has its cycles of busy periods and lean periods. Full time employees need to be paid and kept engaged throughout and also paid their salaries even if there is less or no work.
- Reduced service rates: The cost of outsourcing to offshore resources is significantly lower than hiring an in-house team of CAD drafters. With the outsourcing model, one can save on real estate costs, facility costs, operational costs, HR costs, etc
- Access to latest technologies without incurring costs: With the increasing costs of upgrades and software subscriptions, you have access to work with the latest technologies without incurring the costs and also saving on the management of the same.
- Time difference can improve project efficiency: Since offshore resources are typically located in different time zones, businesses can take advantage of the time difference to ensure that their CAD drawings are updated while they sleep, hence receiving the most up-to-date work in their morning. This means that a business can complete a project more effectively than if they were using an in-house team of drafters.
- Round-the-clock support for urgent requests: Your outsource CAD partner can provide round-the-clock support, which means that design and implementation of projects can be done faster, hence improving the turn around time and increasing the efficiency of the project.
- Effective project variability management: Whenever the demand changes or the volume in the project drops or increases, you have the option to ramp up or ramp down the outsourced services and pay for those services accordingly.
- Access to a vast pool of talented professionals: Offshore companies typically have access to a large number of experienced drafters who have a diverse range of skills and can work on various projects. This large talent pool ensures that businesses can easily find experts with the necessary skill sets to work on their specific projects.
Onsite hiring provides ease of communication and personalized communication, but it comes with higher costs and management efforts.
This cost-saving enables businesses to invest their resources in other critical areas, such as research and development, marketing, and other essential business activities.
Offshore CAD resources provide reduced service rates, high quality, better expertise & advanced technologies. Offshore CAD companies value your business and are willing to go the extra mile to assist ensure quality, on-time deliveries.
Why Outsource to Digitise IT?
- Over 22 years in the service industry offering CAD, GIS and 3D Modelling services to Global clients.
- Domain Expertise –
- P&I diagrams,
- Electrical schematics,
- 3D Architectural visualisations,
- Industry expertise –
- Power and Transmission,
- Water treatment
- Sewage companies,
- Road and other Infrastructure,
- Refineries Pharmaceuticals,
- Architects and MEP contractors,
- Real estate companies.
- Multi-skilled team, well versed in–
- Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Autodesk® Civil 3D®
- Autodesk® Revit®,
- Autodesk® 3ds Max®,
- Google SketchUp Pro,
- Adobe® Illustrator®
- Adobe® Photoshop®